Lyvim Xaphir wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 02:35, David wrote:
> > I know I have seem this posted before, but I haven't been able to find it yet.
>Below is am excerpt from my fstab.  Root can access the partitions, a user can mount
>them but not access them.  Error reads: permission denied.
> >
> > I've tried everything I can think of.  Nothing has worked yet.  Could someone tell
>me what is wrong with my config?
> >

> > /dev/hda1 /mnt/C ntfs user,defaults 0 0
> > /dev/hda6 /mnt/E ntfs user,defaults 0 0
> > /dev/hda7 /mnt/F ntfs user,defaults 0 0
>
> I note that a vfat entry in fstab looks like this:
>
> /dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c vfat iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0
>
> Perhaps your entries are too bare?  I haven't studied iso or codepage
> settings for ntfs yet.  But you may require them.
>
> HTH,
>
> LX

I run NTFS partitions.  From what I gather you can't as a user read or
write for fear of screwing up the partition.  Root can so that if
anything is borked, it can be fixed.

NTFS writing is still flaky too no?  If i'm just blabbering ignore this
msg.

/this msg will now self-destruct pls shutdown your OS to avoid laughing
too hard & Hitting the appropriate key-sequence to force an improper
reboot./

Femme

--
Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert