>I have disconnected the PS2 connector from the 4 pin terminal on the MB and
>reseated it and the problem went away for a while, now it's back.
>Does this indicate that my MB is on the way out (Yes would be a nice answer
>then I can justify an upgrade from K6 II - 450 to " She who must be obeyed")

   If reseating the connector seems to cure the problem seems to cure the problen
for a while you may have plain old fashoned dirt or oxides on the connector.
  You may want to get some electronic contact cleaner or tuner cleaner from
almost any electronics supply store or any shop that does television or electronics
repair, spray some on both haves of the connector then insert and revove it 3 or 4
times and spray both halves again. this should remove any oxides or other debris
that may be causeing a intermittant or high loss connection.