Marcia wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I just installed LM 8.2 onto my laptop and desktop. Everything seems fine so
> far except neither one will shutdown properly. It starts to shutdown normally
> and shutsdown quite a few programs then stops at umount2 and cannot umount
> /dev/net or something close to that. Does anyone know how I can get my
> systems to shutdown properly? Thanks for any help here.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Marcia

Is the program name netfs?  If so I believe you don't need it unless you
run an NFS Network.  You can shut it off (stop running @ boot).  I had a
similar problem & had to stop teh automount & NFS daemon from starting
on boot.

Femme
--
Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert