On Wednesday 24 April 2002 12:35, you wrote:
> Interesting, but how do you play it?
> I cannot persuade xmms, noatun or even (in desperation) realplayer to
> accept that url
>
> On Wednesday 24 April 2002 5:31 pm, you wrote:
> >
> > http://support.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/oggurl/radio1_high.ogg.m3u
> > http://support.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/oggurl/radio1_low.ogg.m3u
> > http://support.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/oggurl/6music.ogg.m3u

I believe this here is all that I did:
K-Menu->Configuration->KDE->File Browsing->File Associations
type in "m3u" in the "Find filename pattern" field.
Choose "add" an application, choose xmms. Move the new xmms entry to the
top.
After you have done this, you should be able to type the URLs listed above
in konqueror and it'll start xmms.

IThe quick-and-dirty one-time-only solution is to run
"lynx --dump  http://support.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/oggurl/radio1_high.ogg.m3u";
and you should receive
http://ogg.bbc.co.uk:8001/radio1_high.ogg
and that is an url that you can pass to xmms.

Narfi.