----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Roy Murray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: [newbie] moving /var partition

> Roy Murray wrote:

Before posting here I tried all that. Mandrake did more then hiccup, got to
lido and errored "no init" since it was still loking for hdc. I even tried
leaving it on hdc and removing the hdd(cdrom). Jumper set to single. Tried
puting the second drive as slave (which should make it hdd). This system has
only been running with the drives on the 2nd ide channel. The win drive has
not been plugged in ide channel since mandrake has been running. Since the
lido, and fstab both point to hdc. I can't get it to boot if I move the
drive.
Which files and pointers must be changed to get the drive to boot to at
least a min running mandrake system?