Hi all, I just installed a new video card with the Nvidia GForde 2 MX400 64mb
DDR.  It seems to have loaded fine and I have installed the Nvidia drivers
and changed the  /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file as has been advised on the list.
Now the fun begins. I have a folder in kmail that is labeled "nvidia" and it
is the only folder that I click on and Kmail crashes and won't start again
without a reboot. I can find no hint of what is happening in syslog.
Tuxracer  runs very well.
Oh, also when kmail crashes so konqueror also ceases to function. If I try to
look at /home/dennis files in konqueror it has a blank screen, shows no
files.  Does anyone have an idea of where to start looking. The archives
don't mention anything like this.  TIA for any help.  If more info is needed
I will be happy to send it.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842