shane wrote:

> On Saturday 27 April 2002 15:22, Gerald Waugh opened a general hailing
> frequency and transmitted to all open stations:
>
> > women!
> > I love em!, but her box rules! ;-)
>
> the funny thing is i tried to get her to try linux for over 18 months.  "no!
> i don't like it the mouse feels all wrong."  turns out it is my roller ball
> she desn't like.
>
> after 3 weeks on linux her only coments were "wish it handled MSOffice files
> better, but it sure is fast!"
>
> 2 weeks later she spends a full day at work with high ups at IBM (she is a
> senior VP in tech audit at a major bank, IBM listens to her, why don't they
> listen to me?) telling them they should push linux on the desktop not just
> server cause she hates the man hours wasted on crashes in windows, and
> comes home to find i rebooted into windows to use the scanner.  she sits
> down and says "why is my computer in windows?  i _hate_ windows!"  and
> reboots.
>
> women...... ;-)
>
> --

Yes don't bother trying to understand us.  I'm convinced we're a new
species ;p

That or we're just so highly evolved you can't hope to understand where
we're coming from Shane.

And fwiw, my own lover has driven me nuts too...mostly b/c she acts more
like a man than anything else. Go figure.

Femme

--
Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert