On Monday 29 April 2002 09:40 am, you wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:27:27 -0300
>
> Oder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have recently installed 8.2 and all running great except for the DVD.
> > My machine is a toshiba satellite with DVD-ROM/CD-RW. Only the DVD does
> > not work properlly. When I tried xine I recieved : input_dvd: unable to
> > open dvd drive (/dev/dvd): No such file or directory. What should I do to
> > find out /dev/dvd?
>
> Normally 8.2 will create /dev/dvd without problem.
> The fact that yours is a combo drive probably caused the glitch.
>
> Use # ln -s cdrom /dev/dvd
> That should clear things up.
>

>     Charles
Fantastic, Thanks very much indeed. I used ln -s cdrom /dev/dvd and xine open
dvd. But I still have a problem - 'input_dvd: Sorry. xine doesn't play
encrypted DVDs. The legal status os CSS descryption is unclear and we will
not provide such code'. I think doesn't work, probablly, because EE.UU is
region 1 and Brazil region 4.  Does anyone know how to fix this part? Thanks
again, Oder.