-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dennis Myers
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 7:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] video card swap out

On Monday 29 April 2002 08:31 pm, you wrote:
> I'm trying to swap out a Trident TGUI9440-3 PCI video card in favor of a
> Cirrus Logic CL-GD5446.  When I tried rebooting the OS will not load
> properly now (Hangs up where KDE would normally start loading). What did I
> do wrong? Do I need to reinstall the old card and make some kind of config
> change before I can install the new one? Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.

> Steven Peters
> ICQ#: 53147135
> More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/53147135
> See more about me: http://web.icq.com/whitepages/about_me?Uin=53147135

Steven, easiest way (for me anyhoo) to do this is to reboot with your ML 8.x
CD 1 in the drive and do an expert upgrade, don't select any packages if you
don't want to and then let it go on through the process. It will get to the
configure X stuff and you can configure for the card there if it doesn't
auto
detect. It will ask if you want to check the configuration and you can click
yes as in the original  installation.  You should see all the little
penguins.  It is quick and easy.  HTH
Dennis M. linux user #180842