On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Diego [iso-8859-1] García wrote:

> ok, i use Tivoli for my backups, and i write all  backup strategies for my NOC, but
> here we have some troubles like some messages susch as:
>
> 8.2 migration
> I lost some files...
> Inittab problems...
>
> Maybe... In this NEWBIe list we can collaborate to write some whitepapers for
>mandrake
> newbies, because some newbies don´t have any experience with cpio, amanda, ktape or
>an,
> tar or any other tool, whwn i begin to be a "linusero" linux folloer i must to read
> many howto´s but this is not enough.
>
> Knowledge base must be a target in a newbie list, i think, not only a just FAQ list.
>
> That is my idea.
>
> First backup , why? how? when?
> later another topics , like CDRW, migration or tunning, ALL FOR NEWBIES.
>
> THXfor your response
>
> cordially
>
> DR. GZ

there really isn't a great need for any "more" papers to be written since
a HUGE number of them already exist. Not to mention the incredible brain
trust that is on this list and the expert list. to write more papers would
be a futile waste of good time that could be spent having fun with our
PC's coding something cool.

One of the best places to search for things that are hard to find is
Google. If you can't find it there it just doesn't exist.

--
daRcmaTTeR