On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:50:38 -0700, Seedkum Aladeem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 April 2002 01:44 am, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> > Try manually editing /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg.
> >
> > On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 00:58:46 -0700, Seedkum Aladeem
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When I use urpmi I keep getting the message that some media files do not
> > > exist. In an attempt to eliminate those messages, I used
> > > rpmi.removemedia trying to remove the problem media, I got the same
> > > messages urpmi gives. I show these error messages below. Further down I
> > > show the files that actually exist in the direcotry /var/lib/urpmi/.
> > >
> > > Can somebody show me how to remove these annoying message that come from
> > > urpmi?
>

> Hi Sridhar,
>
> This is all there is in that file (I see nothing that looks related to the
> extraneous messages):
>
> ger2  {
>   hdlist: hdlist.ger2.cz
>   with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist.cz
>   list: list.ger2
> }
>
> update_source  {
>   hdlist: hdlist.update_source.cz
>   with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist.cz
>   list: list.update_source
>   update
> }
>
> rmpdir file://mnt/fat_32/rpmdir {
>   hdlist: hdlist.rmpdir.cz
>   list: list.rmpdir
> }
>
> us1  {
>   hdlist: hdlist.us1.cz
>   with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist.cz
>   list: list.us1
> }

Try this:

Firstly, back up /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg and delete the original. Then run rpmdrake
and use the GUI to configure new sources. Then try urpmi again.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                The only intuitive interface is a nipple.
                        After that, it's all learned.