Title: RE: [newbie] The Register: Preinstalled Windows Illegal to Remove?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Miark
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 1:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] The Register: Preinstalled Windows Illegal to
Remove?

> What ms considers to be illegal is the following:
>
> I buy a machine with preinstalled windows
>
> I uninstall windows and install a real os
>
> I sell/give the version of windows that came with the machine to someone
> else
>
> What ms wants is that when I sell or give away the machine, I must
> also hand the original version of windows to whoever gets the machine
> also.

That makes more sense, but not much more. Winblows, even on pre-installed
computers, costs something, and that cost is passed on to the final
consumer. So despite its cost being buried in a sticker price, you pay
for Winsux on a pre-installed computer.

In my way of thinking, if I pay for it, I have the right to sell it--
even separately, if I choose.

Miark

I too agree. If I buy a car and drive it till it is rust, I can remove engine transmission, seats and what ever else is salvageable and sell them individually. They were part of an integral package to begin with, but I still can sell off the pieces. Heck, I could sell of the pieces two days after I bought it brand new, and put some other engine in it. What makes Windows so special? M$ is as arrogant as any company ever in existance. My $.02

Dennis M.