"Mcleod, Ian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> saith:

> Good to hear.  I sometimes edit text files as non-root and did not pay
> attention to the warning message - hence the file remained unchanged
> although I swear I changed it.
>
> It sounds like you had already changed it though?

Ya, I was playing Tux games not 10 days ago.

> Do you know how to get Open Universe to work in normal time?  It always
> warps on me and I can't get it to go real time.

Press 'e'.

I have another oddity, though. Tux has always run full-screen
in the past. Now it's running at 640x480 (or 800x600?) but the
monitor resolution doesn't change from 1280x1024.

Wait a minute--I just remembered I was messing with monitor
settings last week. I bet I accidentally changed the video
card while I was doing that. And my monitor resolution is
better (the frequency that is), but I had to do a custom
setting to accomplish it. I bet the custom setting is
preventing TuxRacer from going full-screen. That sux. I'll
have to play with more flexible monitor settings, I guess.

Miark