On Wednesday 01 May 2002 10:26 pm, you wrote:
> Hi all, I decided to give KDE3 another try with the latest .mdk build on
> the mirrors.  Now I have lost my ability to call up konqueror from a su
> console. It just sits there and says something about render.  Happens in
> kde and kde3. Anyone seen this problem or a fix. I find nothing on the
> archive and have seen nothing on newbie. I seem to be the only one with a
> disfunctional kde setup.  The install went smoothly with only two packages
> to fulfill dependencies. I also had to fix some permissions when I copied
> .kde to .kde3 but could not find the ~/.kde3/share/config/kpersonalizerrc
> file and could not create it in mc cause there's no create file only mkdir
> command. Any help before I reinstall and forget KDE3 for now.  TIA

OK, reinstall it is.
The kicker panel doesn't show apps that are currently running and so I can't
find a way to shut down the modem since "kill pid xxxx" does not do it .  All
sorts of ugly things going on with KDE3 installed.  yuk!  Sorry no one could
help with this, I'll wait for the Mandrake release or  3.1 as someone else
suggested to another newbie.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842