On Monday 06 May 2002 5:23 pm, Paul wrote:

> >um, maybe i am just lucky enough to not have his bad luck, but what
> > points are correct?  i had none of the trouble he describes.....
> > what did i do wrong? (right?)
>
> I read the review too. I think he had a flakey config to start with.

Indeed, but the points about the firewall (it _isn't_ clear when it's
working and, once I've learnt more, I may try to write a Kicker
application to show basic information, including when and if packets
are being rejected) and nVidia cards (posts here anon, plus my personal
experience with another machine) are right ...

Also, problems with StarOffice/OpenOffice fonts, although not
MandrakeSoft's fault, are becoming staple fare for the [openoffice]
discussion lists :/

Alastair

PS What is (supposedly) missing from KDE in the boxed set?
--
Alastair Scott (London, United Kingdom)
http://www.unmetered.org.uk/