Boy did I learn my lesson not to play around as root! :-[

Alright, I decided to install some Texstar RPM's last night and some said
they needed the latest RPM's from the KDE3 CVS - so, I figured, what the
heck, why not install them?  So, silly me, I decided to install *some* of
the RPM's from KDE3 CVS.  After doing that and restarting X, all my icons
were gone, my background was gone and ANY clicking on the desktop didn't
work - right click, left click, middle click, NOTHING.  So, I figured this
is probably because I didn't install ALL of the CVS RPM's - so I began to.
I got all of them install except for the libqt3 ones now and I CAN'T GET
THOSE TO INSTALL.  When I get the error message that the newer libqt3
conflicts with the older libqt3-devel, I hit 'force' because the older
libqt3-devel is going to be replaced by the newer anyhow.  After that
though, I get another error that some files from the newer libqt3 conflict
with files from the older libqt3-devel.  The only option I got was to
press 'OK' so I did, but apparently when that type of error comes up it
does not install the RPM.  So, then I decided to try doing libqt3-devel
first - same error only backwards.  So, I figured, maybe it'll work if I
wipe out those files and then it'll write new ones right?  Wrong.  I even
went so far as to delete the /usr/lib/qt3 directory entirely - I STILL get
the errors even though I can no longer get into X because the files really
aren't there.  So, I can only assume that some reference to those files is
somewhere else in hosw Linux handles RPM's and it assumes they are still
there and therefore that so is the conflict.  I tried rpm -e on the old
libqt3 RPM's and that didn't work - it said they weren't installed!  I
know for a fact they are 1) because they keep causing an error and 2)
because I have been using KDE3 for the past 2 weeks!  PLEASE HELP!  Thank
you SO much in advance!

Brian