Brian Koppe wrote:

> Whoa whoa whoa whoa, slow down there :)  Where do I do all this?
>  Thanks!  Brian
>
> FemmeFatale wrote:
>
> >>You can *i'm on a MOD's dev team so we get asked this  alot* try this:
> >>

> >>//RAM usage 256+ Megabytes
> >>seta com_hunkmegs "128"
> >>seta com_soundmegs "32"
> >>seta com_zonemegs "32"
> >>
> >>See if that works for you.  Btw those are the HIGHEST settings
> >>possible.  Also try:
> >>
> >>seta s_loadas8bit 1                          // default:1      Use 11
> >>khz sound
> >>seta s_khz 44
> >>//seta s_khz 24                                // default: 11
> >>Sampling rate of sound effects
> >>seta s_volume "0.75"                          // default: 0.7   Volume
> >>of sound effects
> >>seta s_musicvolume 0.0                       // default:0.25   Volume of
> >>in game music
> >>
> >>(anything with a double slash //, in front is commented out).
> >>
> >>If any of you want severely tweaked cfgs for Q3 ask.  I have a few and
> >>they maximize gameplay for me and I've made them easy to follow with
> >>comments after each change/setting.
> >>

> >>Femme

Figures got ahead of myself again.  What I've done is do them in the
"Console mode" that Q3 has.  Using the ~ button brings it down.  if you
do so, it has TAB complete too, ignore the SETA variable.

Using Seta only works in small cfg files you can make.  For example, all
those settings I put in my autoexec.cfg file which I keep in the
quake3/baseq3 directory & in any MOD's I plays directory.

They will then execute on startup of Q3.  Q3 reads that file first, then
will write it all to a file called "baseq3.cfg".  HTH & I didn't get
ahead of myself again.  I forget sometimes not everyone is a gamer.

--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert