I've noticed that a lot of my 64mb of memory shows up as "cached" when i do
cat /proc/meminfo (i included the output) and i've been wondering if it's
normal for linux to use up so much memory.  Since i have a limited supply i'd
like to have as much free as possible.  So my questions are: is it nessecary
to have linux cache so much memory and if not then how do i change it to a
more suitable setting?

--
Where'd you get your CPU, a box of Crackerjacks!?
 -Wierd Al
        total:    used:    free:  shared: buffers:  cached:
Mem:  63741952 61923328  1818624   204800  1462272 39419904
Swap: 254943232 34906112 220037120
MemTotal:        62248 kB
MemFree:          1776 kB
MemShared:         200 kB