On Saturday 11 May 2002 05:48 am, Pupeno wrote:
> Why when I have a system crash, a partition not umounted, the fsck is not
> automatic and I have to press Y to make it happen ?
> How can I configure the old way, automatic fsck when filesystem not
> umounted ? And BTW how can I schedule an fsck to the next reboot ?
> Thank you.

Sounds like you need to read up on the Magic SysRq key. Synchronising your
disks helps. BTW often nothing apears to be happening till 3/4 of the way
through the sequence.

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/doc/82/en/ref.html/ts-system-freeze.html

"Remembering the Sequence Entirely Is Useful Buddy"

Michael