On Saturday 11 May 2002 13:43, Michael Kovary opened a general hailing
frequency and transmitted to all open stations:

> I've been using hdparm to set my hard drive speed, and it's been working
> pretty well.  This is the command I use: hdparm -c1 -d1 -m16 /dev/hda
>
> Everything goes fine, and it tells me that the I/O is 32 bit, whenever I
> restart it's set back to 16 bit, I know this from running idetool.  Is
> there something I need to add to LILO to keep this setting at boot?

from mandrake user.org:

"Once you've found a suitable setting, execute the 'hdparm' command again,
adding the 'k' option. This will preserve your settings beyond the current
session."

hope that helps

--
"It is increasingly obvious that our techknowledgy is outpacing our
humanity." -Einstein

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98