Hi,

I had my machine working ok with mandrake 8.1 but now, with LM 8.2
I get a crashed screen if I do not add an Option "noaccel" in
XF86config-4

Even with that option in the screen is slow and has waves as
I move windows around etc.

The problem is particularly noticeable with scrolling in Mozilla,
but it happens everywhere.

Has anyone got this combination to work?  I8100 +ATI Radeon +
1600x1200 +Mandrake 8.2 if so could i please see your XF86config-4

I have spent a lot of time trying to learn how to fix my problem
As i am a newbie - could someone give me a few pointers on the
following:

** As it worked on Mandrake 8.1  (it worked both before and after I
upgraded XFree86 to 4.2) it should all work on 8.2 - or is there
something in the kernel or modules that might make this not so?

** I can't get harddrake to work - so is there some other way to
really see what is happening to the way the ATI video card is
installed?  Could that be it?

** As i have a screen working with "noaccel" is it the lack of
hardware acceleration that is causing the strange and slow screen?
Why would it work without the "noaccel" option in 8.1.  What is the
difference with acceleration?

** There are a couple of new lines in my XFConfig-4 Section
"Module" which were not in my old one
    Load        "v4l"
    Load        "glx"
    Load        "dri"

Without all three I think the problem is a little worse - I am
still experimenting with various combinations.

I presume the modules need to be installed for them to work - does
it matter if they are not?  How can i check all this?

** Are there specific help files or websites i should be exploring?

Thanks.

PS Please send a copy of any replies to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as my
usual address is bouncing mail due to an ISP problem, this should
be ok in 24hrs. The archives not instantly updated.

--
Walter Logeman
Psychotherapist