On Tuesday 14 May 2002 1:58 pm, Terry Sheltra wrote:
> I'm still having trouble getting printing to work using MDK 8.2 using
> CUPS and Samba.  I think I may have narrowed down the problem though.
> When I add a SMB shared printer using the wizard in KUPS, I have noticed
> that CUPS tries to use my laptop's integrated network card (eth0)to send
> the printing through.  I am using a wireless network card (eth1) for my
> networking.  Is there a way I can tell CUPS to use eth1 instead of eth0?
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Terry

If you do not use this interface at all have you tried disabling it first in
the BIOS and if that is not possible using netconf to disable that adapter?

Alternatively if you do need both interfaces then open kups (or KDE Control
Centre>System>Print manager as root)

Select 'Configure server'  (Which is the second 'spanner' (or 'wrench'
depending on which country you live in) from the right.)

Select Connection and set the 'broadcast address' to include the interface(s)
you wish CUPS messages to go over
e.g. 192.167.1.255

That should do the trick

derek