Bill Davidson wrote:

> On Tue, 14 May 2002 11:15:22 -0700
> "Myers, Dennis R NWO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Does anyone use Cox cable and have a LAN set up? How hard is it to set up
> > and where did you start the learning process? I'm going to switch over to
> > Cox and hoping it is not rocket science. Any help is appriciated. TIA

I have cox-internet ( which is high speed cable ) very easy in LM 8.0,
8.1, 8.2!

do you have one or two network interface cards?

Only one is needed if you only have one pc at home , if you connect to
any other
pc, you will need two 1.) for the cable modem 2nd) for network.

in setting up the network card follow this:

open up control center, next open network/internet, choose connection
for a one only setup use the configure button and let the auto detectand
configure do it's thing. only choose to use dhcp to connect, when it's
through, apply and exit
control center. reboot is a good idea then it all should work.

if you want to share the connection with another pc in the house or
office,
write back , it will take a bit more time to explain.

Mike McNeese