On Wed, 15 May 2002, Michael Adams wrote:
[...]

> Cant see it in software manager with 8.2 Powerpack.
> I get xinitrc-2.4.4-60mdk and wizard-xinit-1.0.6-1mdk.
>
> Went to http://www.rpmfind.net/ and searched on xinit, got back all
> xinitrc's. I may be out in left feild here but could this be the package you
> want? By the way 2.4.4-60 seems the latest and it was available from rpmfind.

A point of clarification, xinetd for ipv6 is not installed by default.
xinetd is install almost always by default if you choose any type of
networking packages or groups.

Mandrake/RPMS/xinetd-2.3.4-4mdk.i586.rpm <-- first CD
Mandrake/8.2/CD/Mandrake/RPMS3/xinetd-ipv6-2.3.4-4mdk.i586.rpm <-- 3rd CD
of the download edition.

For the Pwoerpack I'm not sure which CD it's on.  From what I've observed
on this and a couple other lists that the packages are rearranged on the
boxed sets differently from the download ISO's.  I find it hard to belive
that CD1 (or even 2 for that matter) should differ across packs, but I
only have the download edition this time around and can't confirm this.

Just check out an ftp mirror.  Example:
mirrors.secsup.org/Mandrake/8.2/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/
both the xinetd and xinetd-ipv6 packages are there.  Download the one
you want and install away.

--
Cheers
dg