Serkan Barut wrote:

> Hi,
> I have Mandrake Linux 8.2 bluebird-i586 20020317 12:00 which is the downloadeble
>version,i guess.When i boot from the cd to install with the default kernel 2.4.18 the
>machine hangs at the partition check process.I waited a long time,more than 20
>minutes and did not see any message.I played with my bios settings but that changed
>nothing.Up to now i installed other distros including slackware 8,redhat 7.1 and did
>not have any problem of this kind.There is the alt1 and alt2 with which i booted
>safely and at last saw the installation screen but this time my mouse and keyboard
>was not working(i have a logitech pilot optical connected to usb probably causing
>this problem).I have two Quantum ide hds.I have Windows98 on hda.
> If anyone can help i would be pleased,thanks.

If you have a PS2 adapter for that mouse & Keyboard, boot using it.  I
have a problem where if I boot from CD and try to get anything my
mouse/KB dont' work. :\

Had to install with PS2 devices instead *using said adapters*.  Try that
first then re-post if it fails.
--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert