On Wednesday 15 May 2002 10:31, Norman Zhang opened a general hailing
frequency and transmitted to all open stations:

> LM 8.2 sometimes hang without any signs. The hard disk stop responding,
> keyboards dies, but the mouse can still move. I need to give my machine a
> power cycle. Which logs do I go through to obtain more information on the
> cause?

i can't tell you about logs, but i might have a cause.  are you running
kde3?  if so do you have "keramic" as your style?  this happened a lot with
me using keramic, but no trouble with other styles.

oops, there is that sig again....

--
A fool and his money are soon using Windows.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/