Hi

I did a fresh install of Mandrake 8.2, but without installing KDE2. I then
installed KDE3. This went well, and KDE3 is great. My problem is that now
I can't get into KDE3 from kdm. It takes me to IceWM instead.

Now, gdm does take me to KDE3, and Xstart gives me the option of 11KDE
which also correctly takes me into KDE3. So I think I've screwed up a
config file for kdm somewhere.

I twigged the /etc/X11/prefdm file by adding the path to /opt/kde3 which
loads kdm. The problem is that kdm has an entry for KDE which points to
IceWM.

Question: How do I setup kdm as default chooser for window managers? And
how do I get it to point correctly to KDE3?