Michael Adams wrote:

> When typing away in Kmail or KWrite some key strokes take about a full second
> to be actioned. Specifically punctuation keys like ["] and [']. I am running
> KDE on a P3 500. Only some of the punctuation keys are like this. Full stops,
> commas and even the square brackets i just used are fine. If i am tapping at
> normal speed (i am not a touch typist) the letter after gets missed as
> well. Anybody else had this one?
>
> It's a bit of a pain because i have to remember to slow for those keys. Then
> all of a sudden i have three of them.
>
> I dont mind a RTFM, just tell me which FM.
>
> Michael

I would never tell you such a thing Michael!  However if I may suggest
to you two things:

- In bios, turn OFF Keyboard repeating for the keys.
- failing that, check the control center for KEYBOARD settings & See
whats there? Turn it up or down on the "repeat when depressed" keys
section.  Seems someone else on the list had a similar problem once.

--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert