On Thursday 23 May 2002 01:20 pm, Stephen Kitchener opened a general hailing
frequency and transmitted to all open stations:

> I have downloaded the new KDE3.0.1 and going on the instructions on
> Mankdrake's site for 8.2 written for KDE3.0.0 (as the instructions
> haven't been changed yet) I thought that I would upgrade by issuing the
> command urpmi * in the directory where I had all the downloade files.
>
> All looks ok and when the system askes for Disk 1 from the Pro package, I
> put it into the CD drive, press return, expecting for it to proceed, but
> all it does is to ask for the disk again and again and....... well you
> get the idea.

the current 3.0.1 requires that you remove kde 2 first.  this may break a
few things compiled to run with 2.  all it broke in my case was tux racer
and another game (forget what) and 3.0.1 is very nice, however if you don't
like the risk, wait a bit, they will likely compile a version to go in
"opt" the way they did 3.0.

--
Computers are like air conditioners they stop working properly if you open
windows.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98