On Tuesday 28 May 2002 4:18 pm, Tim Ford wrote:
> I just downloaded and installed the latest nvidia drivers, but im still
> having problems loading up glx on my computer. Anyone had any similar
> problems with nvidia drivers?

A few thoughts for you to check out:-

Look in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions if you have a file called
libGLcore.a  then rename it or else GLX will not load correctly.

I assume you have edited /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 correctly ?
Insert    Load  "glx"  in the Modules section
Edit        Driver      "nvidia"  in the
Graphics section

You do have Xfree 4.x enabled do you?  Xfree3.x is not going to work.

Try running
glxinfo   in a terminal.  If you get pages of output then glx is working.

Look in /var/log/XFree86.0.log for errors when loading X  post the errors
here if you do not understand what they mean.

HTH

derek