Hi all,

I managed a very strange lockup. Now, I have an idea what caused it, but
perhaps I am wrong. I hope someone here can shed some light.

I use mkisofs to create a file cdimage.iso. Wanted to check that out before
baking a cd of it.
So I su'd, mounted the image file and browsed about in it.
Looked okay, I made the CD, and then I wanted to delete the cdimage.iso
file.
Which locked up the xterm.

My idea is that the lockup happened because the iso was still mounted when I
wanted to delete it.

Does that sound credible?

Paul

--
To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often.
-John Henry Newman

http://nlpagan.net    -    Linux Mandrake 8.2     -   Sylpheed 0.7.5
Help Microsoft combat software piracy: give Linux to a friend today!