4444 4444 wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I got Windows XP Pro/Mandrake 8.2 installed on a workstation, the windows
> died meaning it goes doom by showing illegal operations. I decided to
> re-install Windows again.  Is there any faster way of restoring back the LM
> 8.2 boot-up screen without re-installing the whole software.

If you mean you want to have lilo again after an windows re-install,
then it is very simple.

that is if you made a boot disk when you installed mandrake 8.2. If you
did , then all you have to do is use it to startup mandrake. ( it should
boot into your mandrake install with or without win/whatever installed )
once in Mandrake open a terminal type su and enter password
then simply type lilo.

now it will give you the boot list again when you start the box.

Mike