Miark wrote:

>I'm having cable access installed on Tuesday. My
>modem allows one to connect to the computer via
>USB or ethernet. Which will offer better performance?
>
>By the way, this'll be plugged into a winsux machine.
>At least for the time being :-(
>
>Miark

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

You'd best use ethernet.  Performance will not be noticeably different,
but platform compatibility will be.  There are USB devices of the
software-driven sort for modems, ISDN, and ADSL and Cable.  Yes,
Windevices.  Check linux-usb.org and you will see a host of
incompatibles.  It won't matter on a winbox, but when you put a real
gateway computer there, it will make a big-time difference.

Civileme