-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Vahur Lokk
Sent: Tuesday, 4 June 2002 3:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Few problems

Hello!
Running Mdk8.2, with KDE upgraded to 3.0 and patches mostly on. Three
problems.
1. There are some services like cups and hylafax (there may be others) that
would not run on startup. I tried Mandrake Control Center/System/Services
ticking the "run at startup" box. No use. Tried MCC/Hardware/Printers to
make
cups run at startup. No use. Next morning I boot up they are gone and need
be started by hand.
2. Mandrake Update does not eliminate the patches already applied from the
patch list. Is something wrong here or does it act like it should? In second
case I would strongly suggest changing the policy, otherwise the feature is
of no use in half a year.
3. KDE runs rock-solid, at least for my purposes - KMail, Mozilla,
OpenOffice.org, XMMS (KStars crashing doesn't bother me, I would rather
remove it). Whenever I try others like Gnome (I would like it much more than
KDE), it will freeze in the end. I cannot point out any specific program or
action what causes it, last time it was XMMS for example, but there have
been
others. Where to start looking for causes, what log I should dig in?

Vahur