Sometimes konqueror is a pain in the arse, and I wish LM8.2 still had
netscape as standard install.

I have a download setup using NT which has a standard download
directory :  /mnt/ext2-vol6/downloads2, which is a spare partitinion
ext2-vol6, where a main directory downloads2 resides. Everything you
are downloading automatically ends upt there by default.

The problem is that sometimes you drag a url file link to NT where it
downloads as per instructed, only afterwards you find out that the
url file address was nothing of the sort, it was merely a link to
another website address where the true file link resided. The end
result is that directory downloads2 is a website window with  no sign
of the downloaded files  to be seen, when you click on downloads2.
The wesite window is the only thing available.

I never had anything like this problem with netscape, but that is by
the side, I want to get my download files back.They must be there
somewhere surely the website window has not overwritten them entirely.

So my problem is how do you stop this characteristic happening, and
how do I get my downloaded files back.

John
--
John Richard Smith