On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:54:47 -0500, Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Monday 03 June 2002 07:48 pm, Franki wrote:
> > have you all read this????
>  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/newsid_2023000/2023127.stm
> > great stuff!!!
> > Frank
>
>   "Mexico, for instance, has mandated open source in its education
> system - although it is widely believed to have botched the
> implementation."
>
>     Nobody tol'em about sleazy win-only-hardware ;>

By the looks of it, the Mexican government thought that open source software
would be an instant panacea. They gave schools CDs full of software, but they
didn't bother to train them on how to use them. School staff, accustomed to
using Windows, could not comprehend GNU/Linux or its software.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

        "My girlfriend always laughs during sex -
        no matter what she's reading."
                -- Steve Jobs