Stormjumper wrote:
> okay. thanks, i'll take note of that.
> my cards are all 10/100, and my cables all cat5.
>
> i just wanna make sure that spending $$ on the switch
> will result in a noticeable performance diff.

I strongly suspect that the hub is *not* a major bottleneck.

How many other computers are on the LAN?

Some things to try (if both computers are on the LAN):

   * Interconnect the two computers you are concerned with by a
crossover cable.

   * Avoid other traffic through the hub by temporarily disconnecting
any computers other than the two you are concerned with.

In my experience, products like VNC (PCAnywhere, etc., etc., etc.) are
just dogs, and very slow.

Randy Kramer