On Sunday 09 June 2002 5:09 pm, Todd Slater wrote:
> I thought I had Opera set up to run java--sometimes it works, sometimes it
> doesn't. It works on the Sun page (http://java.sun.com/), but it doesn't
> work when I try to play Diamond Mine (http://www.popcap.com/index.php).
>
> I'm trying to serve the SOJA applet for serving SMIL presentations--added
> MIME type to Apache, applet and SMIL presentation work in Mozilla, not
> Opera. Soooo, I think Apache is OK, but when trying to look at the page in
> Opera, the Java Console pops up, and I get the gray box that says Java
> Applet Loading, but that's as far as it gets. The page in question is
> http://clevername.homeip.net/present/soja.html.
>
> Is this a question for the Opera list, or does anybody here have
> experience with this? I'm running 6.01 static QT. (LM 8.1)

I think the www.popcap.com problem is because of the javascript used to launch
the applet. Opera does not support some javascript extensions. That site
works fine for me in Galeon/Mozilla.  - Nice game. My daughter will like that
one.

As for your homepage, it does not work for me in Opera either, but
konqueror/Galeon has no trouble. You might like to mention that on the
opera.linux newsgroup

(Nice looking kids  :-)

derek