D. Olson wrote:

> On Friday 07 June 2002 01:41 pm, you wrote:
>
>>Have you got 2 ISP accounts?  Something like this happens if you are
>>connected on one ISP's account and trying to use the smtp of the other one.
>>

> Nope... I got two incoming POP3 accounts, but I only have one outgoing...
> Don't ask why, that's my college's dumb policy.

I'm not sure I understand.  You have 2 inward POP3 a/cs, say POP3_1 and
POP3_2.  When you get these error messages

1)  Which account are you connected to - i.e. which is the paid ISP that
you are using at that time?

2)  Is the smtp address for outgoing mail on the same account?

If not, that is the likely cause of the problem.

Anne