On Sunday 09 June 2002 02:11 pm, Paul wrote:
> I already had 2 instances that I tried to burn an audio CD that
> after burning had everything right, but there was no sound on it.
> CDPlay crashes with an error, the CDplayer in the stereo plays the
> cd but no sound at all.

  Try XMMS and with different sound drivers, OSS, Alsa, Arts, etc.

> MDK 8.2, 1.2Ghz Athlon, 256Mb Ram, 2 x 30Gb ATA100 disks.
> TDK D-view 650Mb CD_R's, Plextor CD Rewriter 40x16x12.
> Command:
> cdparanoia -vB 1- ~/tmp/name && cdrecord -v speed=1 dev=0,0,0 -pad
> ~/tmp/track
> *

    Back in April I posted my method for copying audio CD's on the CL
  http://www.mail-archive.com/newbie@linux-mandrake.com/msg93867.html
    Somewhat different from yours.  Have you upgraded cdrecord,
mkisofs, cdparanoia, etc.?  The versions 8.2 shipped with were buggy/
broken.  Mandrake Update (Software Manager) will get the new ones.
--
    Tom Brinkman                    Corpus Christi, Texas