I am trying to use my MDK8.2/Gnome to learn foreign language (French).
To do this I need to:

1. hear a pre-recorded voice (from CD or from a .wav)
2. record my voice
3. listen to my voice recording

I tried yesterday with XMM + Grecord, I am able to listen to the CD/wav,
but I am having trouble listening to my recording. When I hit 'play', I
get the 'soud device busy' message. Sometimes I get the same message
even when trying to record.

ESD is running, I thought it took care of shared access to the sound
card. Am I missing some proper configuration? Or would someone suggest a
different setup?

regards (ou revoir?),

raffaele