Hello All,

I've recently installed Linux on my system and now I want to enable NIS login through
this. I went through the linux-nis.org -HOWTO to enable NIS. I am mentioning the steps
followed during the process.

1) Created yp.conf file with the DNS server name and ip address
2) checked domainname and ypdomainname to be same(123.xxx.yyy.com)
3) changed /etc/nsswitch.conf to support nis
4) created /var/yp directory
5)started ypbind
6) checked if ypbind and portmapper are running-Success

After all this, I ran ypwhich and it gave the following error:

ypwhich: yp_bind Cant find domain name !!! :(

I am clueless about this message and any help on this front will be really appreciated.

Thanks much.
Srini