Hello,

I have some trouble sharing one ADSL connection (8Mbps)
for a local area network.

I did it at home and it works well. The modem assigns an IP
with DHCP and there is basically no other configuration except
running the connection sharing setup.

Now I am trying to do the same for a school. They have also
a 8 Mbps modem to which I am supposed to connect by DHCP,
and I have also run the connection sharing setup.

Now the differences:
At home, the IP assigned by the modem (or by the provider via the
modem) is something like 20x.xxx.xxx.xxx, which looks like a
reasonable value. The connection sharing works at home, or at least
it used to work with 8.1. I have no linux machine at home now.

At school, the IP assigned by the modem or by the provider
via the modem is 192.168.0.1. I thought this was
reserved for a private network. Can this cause the failure?
By the way, the symptoms: none of the connected machines can
connect to internet. If I connect directly (put the hub at the output of
the modem), it works well, but the server is meaningless.

I have tried to set my second board to another value so there is no
conflict, but it does not work.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Pascal