On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:24:14 +0200
Patrik Marxer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> it's me again - I can't help but the problem is the same in windows 2000
> professional and LM8.2. And with suse7.3 and vmware the sound didn't work
> either.
>
> Patrik
>
> You wrote on Thursday 20 June 2002 17:07:
> > Anyone else having sound problems with win98?  The install goes fine.  The
> > sound card is recognized, but no sound.  Any ideas?
> > Thanks,

well,. in mine, the sound kind-of plays, but it's so choppy and skippy
it's for the most part useless and irritating .. between that and
silence.. i'd choose silence! you guys are lucky! hehehe

oh.. one thing you can do is configure the device for sound,
which doesn't always come configured correctly. if you have .au
sound files lying around somewhere ( you probably do, as some programs
use them, just do a " slocate *.au " )
go to vmware configuration, check the sound settings, they are probably
set to /dev/dsp
check if that works by doing a " cat soundfile.au /dev/dsp ".
the sound should play. if it doesnt, theck the /dev/ for similar
names. especially something inside a subfolder.. like /dev/sound/dsp1
or something for that matter..

HTH

Damian