On Friday 21 June 2002 11:13 pm, you wrote:
> On Friday 21 June 2002 10:28 pm, you wrote:
> > That's pretty cool.  Things have come a long way since I first installed
> > Linux!
> >
> > Sir Robin
>
> You said a mouthful there! I started with Mandrake v7.0 (well, TBH a unix
> variant running on an old Atari Falcon was my first 'Nix exposure) and had
> to recompile the kernel to get the bttv stuff in so I could use my TV tuner
> card. Now its all "auto-magically" installed...
>
> I just luvs it... :-)
For the fun of it, I put a bunch of pieces and parts together and made
another computer.  32mb ram and a 333hz K6-2 with a 2x CDrom drive. I loaded
7.1 and then 7.2 on it. Nostalgia city, it loaded just fine, everything was
found and all the old graphics in KDE came popping up. Point to the story is,
yes Mandrake has come a long way, in looks and capabilities.  What fun to go
back to  nearly the beginning of my adventure.  Way to go Mandrakesoft.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842