On Saturday 22 June 2002 03:06 pm, Jordan Elver wrote:
> Hi,
> Been searching the net for info on Mandrake 8.3 i.e. when and what
> it will include? Anyone know of any links or anything please?

o    Lurk (don't post) on the cooker mailing list. It is _not_
intended to be a discussion or support list. Please don't interfere
with the developers communication
  http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/cookerdevel.php3

o    ISO's of 8.3 have been available for a few weeks (6/05), d/l,
beg, borrow or steal 'em    (I havt'a resort to beggin ;)

    But to answer your query, newer glibc, kernel, gcc, KDE3, etc ...
with all KDE3.01/Gnome/other apps re-compiled to be compatible with
the new stuff. Think of it as RH 7.3 or SuSE 8.0, but with some good
'ol Mandrake patience to fix the bugs first ;)

    Not for the faint hearted, but IMO _much_ better than an 8.2
install with a KDE3 upgrade/co-install.  I'm not sure 'cause I don't
use it, but Gnome2 is the other alternative besides all the other
WM'rs.  KDE3 in this early beta of 8.3 works well ;)
--
    Tom Brinkman                      Corpus Christi, Texas