Hi,

I recently studied C and now I'd like to write some linux apps.

I need documentation but I wasn't able to find it in internet.

My goal is to write a GUI app (GTK, I found some docs about it), but I also
need to connect directly to Xfree to achieve better performance.

My final goal is to port to linux a small app written in Matlab: it plots
orbitals of hydrogenoids (it's a clone of a mac app).
If I understood well the roles of various libraries I need GTK to write
the interface and some Xfree API to plot the 2-3D graph into the screen.

So here the needs: some docs to biuld a lightweight interface (not based
on KDE or Gnome) and some docs to write 2D images into the screen.

Moreover, a link to a free guide to develop software under linux is appreciated.

Thank you
Olaf