>that' my first trial of mandrake ppc. The steup
>
>ppc 9500 usiong an ATA tempos sonnet card
>
>cdrom : yamaha CDRW 2100 S
>
>Firstevall, when running "Install Mandrake PPC 8.2" this stops execution
>by an error message :
>
>"Sorry, can't setup BootX"
>
>Then i did that manually using :
>
>vmlinux, all.gz, No video driver, force scsi, ramdisk siez = 34000.
>
>then restart with no prob until i got the message :
>
>"No CDRrom device fund"
>
>and following that, a popup menu giving a list of driver and the message :
>
>"which driver should i try to gain scsi access ?"

i've ran to DraX using mesh as a scsi driver.

after having choosen french-french as langage, aggreed to license

DrakX tried to install mac53c94 pilot (the card on my mac is a mac53c96)

hoiwever DrakX freezes at that point ending with an auto-reboot on macOS...

and alos i do have an ATA "scsi" ACARD, 6260 (scsi probe gives : ACARD
AEC-6260 V3.12.1)

should i try expert mode instead ?

(im using vmlinux 2.2 and all-2.2.gz as ramdisk)

--
Yvon Thoraval