Hi,

I am having a problem compiling ImageMagick. When I autoconf --> ./configure
it then I get:

[root@merlin ImageMagick-5.4.6]# ./configure

configuring ImageMagick 5.4.6
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot
create executables

the config.log says:

configure:759: checking host system type
configure:780: checking target system type
configure:798: checking build system type
configure:849: checking for gcc
configure:962: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  -I/usr/local/include
-L/usr/local/lib) works
configure:978: gcc -o conftest  -I/usr/local/include   -L/usr/local/lib
conftest.c  1>&5
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:

#line 973 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}

I have no idea what this means, but it looks to my uninitiated eyes like a
problem with the compiler rather than with ImageMagick. I am using LM8.2 with
the option <developer> when I installed it.

Thank you for your help, Patrik