Bryan Phinney skrev:
On Wednesday 05 July 2006 02:57, Morten Andersen wrote:
I try to install mandriva 2006 on my desktop. It states the following
problem/question:
----------------
Found "nVidia Corporation|MCP51 Serial ATA Controller interfaces
Do you have another one?
----------------
If I answer No I get the following error:
---------
An error occurred
An error occurred . no valid devices were found on which to create new
filesystems. Please check your hardware for the cause of the problem.
---------
Answering yes results in a list where I'm to choose a disk/ide from a
long list
----
3w-9xxx
3w-xxxx
53c7,8xx
----

How do I proceed from there?

Try changing the lilo load options to see if you are having issue with APIC compatibility or ACPI issues.

Once you boot from the CD, hit F1 to get the options line and type in "linux noapic" and see if your controller gets detected. You might also try "linux acpi=off" if the noapic option doesn't work. For my money, I almost always get good results using the noapic line, especially with newer motherboards.
None of the above worked... Other suggestions?
Want to buy your Pack or Services from Mandriva? Go to http://store.mandriva.com
Join the Club : http://www.mandrivaclub.com